Friday, November 02, 2007

All Saints' Day

DS#2 was St. George, and DD was St. Michael the Archangel. DS got to read from index cards. DD can't read reliably enough yet, so she had to memorize her saint name and two facts. We started practicing daily last Sunday. I still had to prompt her, but I was proud of her. She said her lines loudly and clearly. Last year, she couldn't say a thing when she got in front of everyone. All she could do was give an embarrassed look and hide her face in her teacher's skirt.

I think they enjoyed dressing up more than anything else. :)

2 comments:

scrappermimi said...

They look just adorable!

Catherine said...

They look great! When I was little, I went to a Baptist private school and instead of Halloween, we had Colonial Days, where we dressed up as an American history figure.