Saturday, August 03, 2013

National Cheesecake Day

July 30th was "National Cheesecake Day" according to The Cheesecake Factory. They advertised that you could get any slice of cheesecake for half the usual price on National Cheesecake Day. In addition, they offered a coupon through Facebook where you could get the half-price cheesecake on July 29th with the coupon. We figured that going at lunch would be less crowded than going to dinner. Since I had the day off on Monday the 29th, the timing was perfect. Alex was the only one missing since he would be at his PE Camp, but he usually doesn't care for cheesecake anyway.

I posted this photo on Facebook. We had to wait a few minutes for them to get our table ready, so Eric decided to use his big brother as a jungle gym. Anthony is very accommodating and didn't seem to mind Eric climbing on him. This position is always very tempting for me and for Natalie because we always want to tickle all that bare ticklish skin on Eric.

After we ate our lunch, we each ordered our own dessert. Anthony ordered the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut cheesecake, Natalie ordered the Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake, and I ordered the Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake. Patrick was going to order his usual Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake and share it with Eric. When the desserts arrived, however, Eric said he had wanted chocolate cake. Before we were seated, we were looking at the desserts and Eric had commented on a huge chocolate cake called the Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake. Sure enough, that's the cake he wanted instead of the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. We figured we would have leftover desserts anyway, and in the end, we got half off each of the desserts, so we let him have his own piece of dessert. I posted this photo on Facebook also with the caption, "Happiness is a piece of chocolate cake bigger than your head." I have to give credit to Patrick--he was the one that said that when he saw the chocolate cake in front of Eric. That cake was seriously bigger than Eric's head!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Dang! I only missed it by a day!