Monday, September 15, 2014

Natalie's New Room Decor

This week's project was re-doing Natalie's room. Patrick did almost all the work, but now it is done. Yay!

The poor girl still had the Noah's Ark border in there from when she was a baby. She picked out a medium bluish color that looks like teal or turquoise depending on the light. I saw this bed when I was looking at Costco.com, and she picked the silver one (the other color was white). The bed arrived this week. We wanted a trundle bed (which came with it) so she would have an extra spot for whenever she had friends (or cousins) over for a sleepover.

She picked out the quilt during a trip to Target. She also wanted some new sheets for the trundle bed underneath, but her old shark sheets are on there right now. I'm making her wait until we find some sheets on sale!

When Patrick and I finished in there today, I realized that we need to get a bed skirt to hide the trundle. Natalie also wants to get small rug. We also need to move her stuff back in there. She has a bunch of stuffed animals, books, etc. in the game room right now, which is making it difficult for our new housekeeper (yay, we finally got one!) to clean.

We also got her this chair last week. This is just her and her Papa goofing around. Patrick is constantly asking her, "Is that good for your back? Maybe you shouldn't do that." She returns the favor by saying the same thing to him--also constantly. His back isn't going to be feeling good this evening after all of that painting and putting together the bed.

That messy pink bed in the background is now gone. I gifted it to one of the new residents who has two young daughters. He came to pick it up yesterday.

I hope she likes her new bed all put together. She'll see it when she gets home this afternoon. Natalie has been sleeping in Eric's other bed in his room during the renovation. Now, she won't have to sleep with Eric again tonight!

No comments: