My brother-in-law Derek took this photo last night at dinner. They grilled chicken and steak for us and then all the kids stayed over there overnight. The boys slept in the basement. The girls slept in their room upstairs. Grandma slept in Braeden's room. I'm not sure what time they all went to sleep, but Eric was acting tired today. Natalie was in her usual mood, so I can only assume she got the usual amount of sleep.
We drove into the city today, and we did LOTS of walking. Eric kept complaining that his legs were tired. Alex and I explained to him, at one point, that what he was feeling was "tired", and that he didn't have to say "my legs are tired". He can just say "I'm tired". Eric made a claim a couple or so weeks ago that he doesn't know what being tired felt like, hence the conversation today.
The kids got on these metal structures that looked like bent pieces of metal--"like a laptop" as one of the kids described. I thought it made a nice backdrop for a photo, although I probably should have repositioned myself so the water wasn't in the background. I was not able to get them all to get together, but I like the "spontaneous" look of their poses.
We got to the Boston Tea Party museum and none of the kids were interested in going into the museum at all. The cousins didn't want to go because they get to do that stuff in school field trips all the time. My kids just weren't interested. It was a hot and humid day, although still not nearly as bad as back home, so we took a break from the weather by at least going into the Boston Tea Party Museum gift shop. Of course, the kids found the toy "weapons" like the pop guns and the plastic knife that retracted when pressed into a surface--so that it looks like the knife blade is going into that surface. The girls were happy to pose for me using those weapons.
Of course my kids were not interested in posing for pictures, but Teagan was very willing. This is a statue of Samuel Adams in front of the museum, and she was happy to ham it up for me by posing like the statue, complete with somber facial expression.
We walked all around the Boston Harbor area, and then into the North End a bit. We had lunch at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Wow, that place was super crowded, but it was nice because they had a variety of different foods to choose from. It was also nice that eventually we were able get a place to sit--eventually expanding to the whole table. There were twelve of us, after all.
Most of the kids ate pepperoni pizza. Sidney had some Beef Teriyaki with noodles. Teagan had chicken pot pie. Grandma and I split a lobster roll since we weren't interested in a huge meal. Eric was more focused on having ice cream for dessert, so I was happy to oblige. He had the mixed berries gelato and I had the coffee crunch gelato. Interestingly, they would only serve two or three scoops, not singles, so he ate his gelato first then I finished mine. Patrick had a Chocolate Truffle Bomb that was very tasty. Almost everyone had a little bite, and Braeden loved it. Alex said, "That's the most I've seen Braeden eat--ever."
We didn't have any idea what this was, but it seemed to be some sort of sculpture made out of what looking like netting and suspended above one of the nice green spaces that they have in the city now. Anyhow, it was kinda cool, so I had to take a picture.
They had some of sort of design exhibition, and this was one of the exhibits. Grandma was happy to stand next to it for a size comparison. She commented on how her sunglasses hid whether or not her eyes were open or closed.
There was another exhibit that looked like a cool playscape to climb on. It was made out of wood and metal and even the adults were tempted to climb on it--except that there were signs that said "Please Do Not Climb." Really? Eric just looked at it and asked why they would put up such a structure and not allow kids to play on it.
I always love taking photos like this one, usually with people walking away from me, but we definitely had a large group. Grandma and Eric had a hard time with the long walk, but they both kept up with some rest periods.
Patrick picked up Anthony this afternoon and now we're planning to all go out to dinner together--a nice relaxing ending to a fun but exhausting day.







No comments:
Post a Comment