Some time after I came home from work yesterday (Saturday) morning, I was trying to take Eric's temperature with our home digital thermometer, and I did something to it to change it from measuring in Celsius units to measuring in Fahrenheit units. Still, when the number said 39.9 degrees Celsius, I knew it was very high. I confirmed that with googling a conversion table--103.8 degrees Fahrenheit. All weekend, though, Eric really hasn't looked or acted sick, except that he complained about a bad sore throat, and as a result, barely ate anything. This morning his fever was down and he was fever free this evening.
In contrast, Natalie has looked and sounded terrible. She has been coughing with a constant runny nose and intermittent fever. Tonight she said that she couldn't imagine how she could get better enough to be able to go to school tomorrow. She looked a lot better on Friday morning than she has looked all weekend. At least she has been trying to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and she has been doing a lot of napping.
Both kids have been cooped up at home since Friday. Today I decided that they had to go out, even if they never left the car, although maybe that was because I wanted to go out somewhere too. For lunch, Natalie wanted some chicken noodle soup from Panera Bread, so she went with me to pick it up. She stayed in the car while I went in, ordered, then brought out the bag of food. We got something for Alex too. This afternoon, I took Eric to Bahama Bucks for a shaved ice treat. We went through the drive-thru, so he didn't get out of the car at all. When he saw me pull out my phone for a picture, he immediately posed and smiled. He really hasn't been doing too badly, so he might go to school tomorrow, but you can see in this picture that he has dark circles under his eyes. The shaved ice really made his throat feel better. In fact, when he tasted his mango/grape-flavored shaved ice, he said, "This is awesome!" Notice the napkins all over his lap. I told him NOT to spill any of it in my car!
This is a Tres Leches cake from Palenque Grill and it was awesome too. Patrick and I decided to leave the sick children at home to have leftover tortilla soup and to rest while we went out to dinner tonight. They even gave us another piece for free to take home--I'm not really sure why except that they were promoting their restaurant. Their "PR guy" sat down to chat with us to tell us about the restaurant's history. Interestingly, the owner is the same guy who started El Pollo Loco, and apparently when he was first starting out, he hired Brad Pitt (before he became famous, of course) to hand out flyers for his new restaurant while dressed as a chicken. That was definitely a fun fact.
Patrick plans on taking Natalie to the doctor tomorrow, and hopefully Eric will be well enough to go to school. If he isn't, he will go to the doctor too. I hope my babies feel better soon and that Alex doesn't get sick too. I want them to enjoy their last few days of school hanging out with their friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment