Saturday, April 08, 2017

Saturday Activities

My poor neglected blog! I had a breakdown of my workflow for my pictures last year, which affected the pictures I could upload to my blog, and I'm still recovering. I think I've found a solution with Google Photos now, and I am going to start posting again--hopefully.

Today has been a busy day. We decided to go to Magnolia Pancake Haus for breakfast this morning. Alex was still asleep and Natalie didn't want to leave the house, so it was just Eric with Patrick and me. Eric ordered his usual kids' pancake with sausage and apple juice to drink. This time he "forgot" he wasn't at IHOP and ordered the blueberry pancakes, but of course that was okay. Patrick ordered his usual "Eggs And" which includes scrambled eggs, bacon, and chocolate chip pancakes. I ordered my usual, which is the Bananas Foster French Toast with a side of Corned Beef Hash.

I took this picture before we even ordered. Eric and Patrick have big smiles because Patrick was holding Eric's hands down to prevent Eric from doing his "thumbs up" that he likes to do for pretty much every picture nowadays.

When we got home, Eric and I watched Legends of Tomorrow on Netflix. All of us started watching a bunch of these DC Comics shows that usually air on the CW Channel (to include Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl which started out on CBS) this past year, and Eric and I are ahead of everyone else, so the two us end up watching by ourselves.

After that was done, I picked up a work friend of mine AC who moved to a nearby neighborhood recently so we could go to a get together of a bunch of lady anesthesiologists from work (including two residents). The two residents, AD and AM just found out that they were selected to be chief residents next year, so we got to congratulate them. HN brought food including nice serving plates all in her large bag! We all got to know ZZ, who just started working at SAMMC a couple of weeks ago. It was so fun to socialize while painting our pottery pieces. I'm curious how my piece will turn out once it's fired in the kiln, but I'm sure I can post about it when it's done in 7-10 days. I really loved how everyone else painted their pieces and I hope I will love mine half as much!

Meanwhile, Patrick took Alex shopping at Men's Wearhouse to get a suit for his upcoming graduation. They got a good deal on a second suit, so now Alex has a suit for my sister's upcoming wedding also. After that, he took Eric to UTSA for his Achievement Auditions. Natalie used to do this also, and it's the event where Eric plays two pieces from memory in front of a judge who critiques his performance. He then gets a "rating" and he happened to get the highest rating they give out--"Superior Plus"! He did such a great job!

After I got home from my social gathering, I went to the gym with Eric, anticipating doing some cardio and then taking him rock climbing. I didn't realize that the Rock Wall closes at 4pm, which is when I was done exercising. Eric missed out on rock climbing, but Patrick plans on trying to take him tomorrow.

To make up for missing rock climbing, I took Eric to Target to make up his wish list for his birthday tomorrow. He picked out mostly weapons (bow and arrow, Nerf guns, lightsabers, etc.) and Lego sets.

By the time we got home, it was time for dinner. Patrick picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza, and we ate while we watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. By the time that movie was done, it was time to go to bed. Whew! What a busy day!

No comments: