Sunday, July 22, 2007

Exciting Things

Here is the precise moment after DS#1 removed the new Harry Potter book from its packaging. Doesn't he look excited? DH and I didn't really sense his excitement until yesterday when DH suggested DS check the mail early since we sometimes get our Saturday mail earlier than on the weekdays. After that DS started asking to check the mail every few minutes. Finally, after we got back from lunch, we saw the mail carrier across the street at the other community mailbox.

DS wanted to wait outside near the mailbox since he couldn't see the mailbox from our house. We suggested that he take his soccer ball with him to pass the time. I took some photos of him playing outside, and I planned on getting a scrapbook page done by the time I posted this, but alas, real life got in the way again.

In any case, DS#1 got his book. He started reading it right away, of course. We made him take a break for church and dinner then he read until around 9:30ish last night. DH started reading a little then, but DS#3 kept him from reading more. DS#1 picked the book up again this morning and finished it by lunch time.

Speaking of exciting things, here is DD with DS#3 in her lap. Every morning, she wants to hug and kiss him right away, and she just cannot keep from touching him. She kisses and hugs him quite often, and sometimes it can get a little annoying, especially if you're trying to calm him down and she's hanging on his foot. Still, it's nice that she cares for him so much. Everyone says they look so much alike. What do y'all think? I think they both look adorable, but then, I'm a little biased. ;-)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

We've had to assign reading time slots to all our kids so they can get their chores done. The problem with only one book and four readers.

SALTZWORKS said...

Not just adorable! Downright incredible! You have super gorgeous kids there!

Anonymous said...

wow i can't believe how big your baby is! He is so cute! and your daughter is gorgeous! they do look a little alike! both so cute though!