
DH and I took DS#3 with us to visit the Alamo and Riverwalk today. My friend Julie's DD sent me a "flat" version of herself for a school project and I've had her for a month waiting to get pictures around San Antonio. It just seems to be a big trek just to drive downtown. We picked a good day to do it. Even though there are lots of extra visitors in San Antonio this weekend for the NCAA Final Four, it wasn't too crowded. It was humid but at least it wasn't too hot. We got the photo and the postcards first, then we went to find a restaurant to have lunch.
We stopped at this "authentic" Mexican restaurant and it was nice enough to sit outside, so we did. It was probably better that way, because we gave the baby some chips to eat and he was SO messy. The birds loved picking up his leftovers and he enjoyed watching them pick them up. I gave him some of my grilled tilapia (white fish) with Mexican type rice and he loved it. He loved it so much that when DH tried to give him some of his rice, he wouldn't take it! He would only eat from Mama! :) When DH and I were done, we packed him up to go and he still wanted some more! We knew he would love our next stop, though--Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream! :) I was surprised, but he actually didn't complain too much when we finished our ice cream. He was pretty tired, though, and he fell asleep in the van on the way home. He and DH just left to go to the store and I'm about to leave to go to work. It's been a pretty nice day so far. Wish me luck at work tonight!
We stopped at this "authentic" Mexican restaurant and it was nice enough to sit outside, so we did. It was probably better that way, because we gave the baby some chips to eat and he was SO messy. The birds loved picking up his leftovers and he enjoyed watching them pick them up. I gave him some of my grilled tilapia (white fish) with Mexican type rice and he loved it. He loved it so much that when DH tried to give him some of his rice, he wouldn't take it! He would only eat from Mama! :) When DH and I were done, we packed him up to go and he still wanted some more! We knew he would love our next stop, though--Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream! :) I was surprised, but he actually didn't complain too much when we finished our ice cream. He was pretty tired, though, and he fell asleep in the van on the way home. He and DH just left to go to the store and I'm about to leave to go to work. It's been a pretty nice day so far. Wish me luck at work tonight!
3 comments:
Sounds like fun! The last time we visited the Alamo it was so hot and crowded! Was the restaurant the one on the river? I love to eat there.
Flat Meg had fun!
What a fun trip for flat meg!!!
Post a Comment