Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy 6th Bday!

My day started very early this morning. In fact, I didn't go to bed until 2AM because of work. I didn't have too much time to rest this morning because DD has been begging me to take her to Club Libby Lu since last year. I wanted to make her feel special today, so I committed to this about a month ago. She opted for the
Princess hairstyle last year. This year she opted for the "Rockin'" hairstyle complete with fake glitter microphone. Words cannot even describe the pure enjoyment that was oozing from her body. Even as she approached the store, even before the "makeover", she started breaking into a run with a big giggly smile on her face.

She wanted McDonald's for lunch, so I picked some up for her and for her older brothers on the way home. She really enjoyed making her own "decisions" for lunch and for dinner. Dinner was, of course, at El Mirasol, a family favorite. In fact, all the kids ask to go there for their birthdays. I think DH has brainwashed them because that restaurant is his favorite, as well.

I had told our host and then our server that it was DD's birthday, just so they wouldn't think that I did her hair like that with all the glitter and everything on a daily basis. After dinner, our server presented us with this complementary Tres Leches cake. We had to reassure DD and the kids that they could still have ice cream for dessert even if they had the cake. I'm glad that this means that they're somewhat well-trained. :)

After dinner we went to our favorite family ice cream shoppe, Brindles. (This fact is well known, because when we got home, DD's godfather guessed correctly on his answering machine message that we were at Brindles getting ice cream when he called.) DD got the chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips mixed in. She never gets a mix-in, so she felt that this was a special treat for her reserved for special occasions such as this. The baby was having fun too, because he was "tasting" everyone's ice cream (or shake). DH joked about how DS#3 had figured out that if he ate a little of everyone's ice cream, we would never be able to guess how much he actually ate.

This day was all about DD, because whenever there was a decision, like whether or not DS#2 could have a shake at Brindles, she would answer what she wanted, usually "yes", with a giggle, of course. When DS#2 asked if he could go outside after she opened her presents, she immediately answered, "yes" as if it were her decision to make. She was absolutely thrilled at all of the presents she opened tonight and I think she did feel special today.

DD had gymnastics class this afternoon and luckily, her hairdo was still somewhat intact afterwards. Tonight, she is sleeping with a shower cap on her head to protect her hairdo (my idea). Hopefully she'll be able to show off a little more tomorrow, because then her "special day" will last a little bit longer. :)

3 comments:

The Mom said...

She looks so pretty!! ((and grown up too))

Glad she had a great day!! Happy Birthday to her!!

Catherine said...

She looks beautiful and happy birthday to her!

Pam Sivage said...

Happy Birthday! She looks beautiful!