This is Anthony with his Chemistry teacher, Mrs. F. Anthony's magnet school emphasizes four "core values"--Perseverence, Integrity, Commitment, and Kindness. Each of the 16 teachers picks a deserving student for each of the core values. A particular student can only be chosen once a year and cannot receive more than one award for the same core value. These awards are given out each nine week grading period. Anthony was selected by his Physics teacher Mr. G last year for "Integrity". This year he was chosen by Mrs. F for "Commitment".Patrick and I met Mrs. F after the ceremony. She had glowing things to say about Anthony, about how he is such a dedicated student. He's not just an "A" student, he is much more. We felt so proud! She knew that he is also involved in soccer and she added that he should get more sleep. What?!! I was waiting to hear why she would say that. Apparently, my wonderful student was nodding off in her class. Granted, Chemistry is right after lunch, but still, Patrick and I reminded Anthony that sometimes when we suggest that he get more sleep, maybe he should actually do that. I guess this means that Anthony is an even better student, showing his "commitment" even when he's sleepy!
No comments:
Post a Comment