Today was the last game for the season for Anthony's JV soccer team--yay! The Varsity team still has playoffs and there's a slim chance that Anthony will get to play a little for the Varsity team during playoffs, but we're not holding our breath. It would be really nice if that happened, though.I was surprised to see Anthony starting the game today, and he ended up playing most of the game, too. I was already there because I came from work. Patrick was a little late because he had to pick up Alex from school with the carpool and take him home and then come back with the little ones. He got to see most of the game, though.
In case you're wondering what this picture is about, that's because Anthony had just headed the ball but the ball had bounced away by the time I snapped this picture. I still thought it was cool that he is in mid-air, even if there's no apparent ball in sight.
Eric got a haircut today. That's why his hair is "spiky". He actually sought out some "older" boys to play with (younger siblings of Anthony's teammates). He and Natalie started playing "soccer" with them. There were six of them in total, so in order to make even teams, we noticed that they put Eric on one of the teams. It was humorous because obviously Eric is three years old and was liable to run off because he wants to play in the dirt or something instead of actually playing soccer. In this picture he looked like he was trying to "put pressure" on Natalie to give up the ball. He's getting more and more coordinated with the ball judging from how he can almost kick and run at the same time.Today was a little stressful on me, having to give a lecture this morning then having to move locations because of a defective generator. On top of that I had a difficult case, so I was really looking forward to a little relaxing time at soccer with the family. Now that high school soccer is over, club soccer begins--and possibly track and field for Anthony also.
1 comment:
Love the hair cut!
Post a Comment