Saturday, December 22, 2012

Five Parties

It's been tough to think of stories to post about! Yesterday was the last day of school before the Christmas/Winter Break, so Natalie and Eric both had parties at school. There were other parties this week, however, and Natalie even remarked on how she was going to be at five parties this week.

Her first party was on Wednesday during Strings. Patrick bought cookies for that one. Party number 2 was during her GT class on Thursday. Patrick brought cookies for that one, too. On Thursday night, Patrick and I brought a fruit tray, cups, and napkins to her swim practice. They were told to bring all of their swim stuff because they might play games in the pool, but they mostly mingled with each other. Natalie's school party on Friday, mentioned above, was her fourth party of the week. Patrick brought sugar cookies for them to decorate. Finally, she attended a party after school for one of the boys in her class who was going to be moving away. His family had a going away/early birthday party for him. Even Natalie volunteered that she was getting plenty of sugar this week! Patrick made a lot of trips to the grocery store!

The photo above is Eric at his school holiday party. They got to play a few games and decorate cookies. As you can see, he had sprinkled plenty of red sugar on his cookie. I missed it all because I had to be at work by 3pm. I worked last night and I'm working on Monday, Christmas Eve. Thankfully, Patrick's parents are visiting us, and so is my sister Melissa, so we'll at least be with some extended family for Christmas. I really wish my Mom and Dad would have made it too, but Dad wanted to stay home. We'll be able to see them next weekend, though, and what's important is that we all can be together, even if it's not on Christmas Day itself.

No comments: