Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday In The Park

Last night we took the opportunity to go to Fiesta Texas. They had a special deal where if we went ahead and processed our 2013 season passes, they would add parking to each pass plus extra free friend tickets in the summer and early VIP entry into the park/water park. We treat Fiesta Texas like a big playground during the summer since it's relatively close. Even though the food prices and such are expensive, it's relatively cheap and convenient entertainment for the kids during the summer.

We could have gone on Thursday, but it was COLD. Last night was pretty chilly too, especially with the wind, but it was still better than the night before. Of course, Eric didn't wear his "tough" jacket like I had told him to. He wore his flimsy little jacket and blamed Anthony for not giving him the right jacket. He got very cold walking arounds I offered my scarf to him. He kept trying to scoot the scarf up to cover his ears.

The other three kids tried to find rides that they wanted to ride. Apparently, the rides they wanted to ride were closed, but they still managed to find a couple. Meanwhile, Patrick and I decided to try to keep Eric warm by hanging out in some of the stores. That meant risking Eric asking for everything in sight, but luckily, he accepted "no" pretty easily. He did ask "Is it on sale?" a few times, though. :)

One reason why I wanted to go to Fiesta Texas was to enjoy some of the Christmas lights that were still up. We didn't get to go see any other lights this season, and I wanted especially Eric to get to see them. He has such a wonder about him still, and I try to take every opportunity I can to see that child's wonder whenever I can.

No comments: