Saturday, May 25, 2013

Natalie Goes Shopping

Natalie suddenly loves shopping. We went to Kohl's two weeks ago to get her a dress for a Bat Mitzvah that she was invited to. On that trip she also wanted to "look around" and found a sparkly, frilly shirt. I thought it was over when I offered to go shopping with her this past week again and she refused. Fast forward to today.

We went to swim practice this morning, but when we got there, her coach told her that he was told to cancel practice because of the thunderstorms rolling through our area. Instead of going home, she wanted to shop at Kohl's. That was just the beginning. The total haul today for Natalie was as follows:

Kohl's--three tops and two jean shorts
JcPenney--two tops
Love Culture--Denim vest
Forever 21--two dresses and one romper

Notice the photo above. Not everything listed above is in the photo, but you can see lace and flowers. There is still the obligatory red clothing (her favorite color), but there are other colors. To be fair, she still wanted me to buy a boys' shark shirt like the one I bought for Eric at Gymboree.

What is the difference? We went shopping with her friend Margot, and Margot encouraged her to try some things on--like dresses and clothes with flowers on it. Natalie still has her limit. One thing Margot suggested apparently had flowers that were too big and bold on it, and Natalie nixed it. She's not completely girly and not completely a tomboy. She's rather like me, actually. She even said she was going to wear one of her new dresses to church tomorrow.

I took this second photo at North Star Mall this afternoon. We picked up Margot at about 1pm and headed to the mall. The new Lego Store opened yesterday. We got to build big bricks that the Master Builders were going to use to make an eight-foot R2D2 to decorate the front of the store. They had people dressed as Star Wars characters roaming around posing for photos.

We ate lunch at the Food Court and then Margot and Natalie were off shopping. Margot had a phone, so I stayed in touch with them that way. I stayed with Eric. They had a line to go into the Lego Store, so we went to the Disney Store instead. Eric bought two Cars cars (Fabrizio and Rip Clutchgoneski) with his allowance money). We then pretty much followed the girls all around the mall, not necessarily shopping with them, but near where they were so I could swoop in and buy things for my dear daughter. Eric held up fairly well, but at 4pm, he was asking to go home. Natalie had shopped for three hours and they were talking about going back tomorrow. I should have counted my blessings when it was only Alex that was the super shopper!

No comments: