It seems like I get one child back and then I lose another one. Alex got back into town late Friday night, but Natalie went to a sleepover on Saturday night, so I still had two children in the house. Today I picked up Natalie from her sleepover, only to lose Alex to a sleepover. At least Patrick and Anthony will be back tonight. Alex will come back tomorrow and we'll all be together again for his birthday on Tuesday. This is the first time Patrick hasn't been home for Father's Day and it feels a little weird.
I took this first picture at the swim team pool/pizza party on Friday afternoon. The kids all wanted to swim, and they did for a few minutes, but then we heard thunder, so I made them get out of the pool. They played in the playground instead. At least the thunder stopped for a bit, enough to get the swim team photo done. After that, I helped serve the pizzas. A lot of people didn't show up because of the threatening rain. I guess the promise of free pizza wasn't enough to entice them to come, so we had lots of pizzas left. After everyone ate, they all pretty much left, and the rain began shortly after they finished cleaning up after the pizza party. The kids were a little bummed that they couldn't swim (because of the thunder and lightning). Natalie, who had already had swim practice for a total of two hours that morning plus she played in the pool for another hour, was the most bummed.
This is a picture of the kiddos on Saturday morning, curled up on my bed playing a new game on the iPad. At last we could relax in the morning instead of rushing off to morning swim practice. Natalie and Eric had plenty of iPad time, but who cares? They were entitled to a little relaxation, and frankly, so was I.
I picked up Alex from the airport on Friday evening at about 10:30pm. A good friend and neighbor offered to come over and sit in my living room so I could leave the little ones at home when I got Alex. It was raining and he walked over from his house with an umbrella. Al and Alicia have been so good to me this week!
Today was also a relaxing day, although I did drive around quite a bit between picking up Natalie and dropping off Alex. I wanted to make time for Eric too, and he's been asking to go to the Lifetime Fitness pool, so I took him there this afternoon. I probably mentioned this in a previous post, but at Lifetime Fitness, they test the kids to see of they can swim 25 meters, and give those that can an armband. The parents don't have to stay quite as close (10 meters) to their kids that have armbands. Eric passed this test last year, but when he did he had to stop a couple of times to turn on his back and rest. This time he did the whole 25 meters without stopping. I didn't think to time him, but with being on the swim team this summer, he has gotten better and faster. He asked me if he could join the swim team next year. I said, "Of course you can!"
I want to wish a "Happy Father's Day" to all the fathers out there. We got to talk to Patrick on the phone a little while ago during their layover in Minneapolis. I finally got through to my Dad just now. I'll try to post again tomorrow about the kids' swim meet tomorrow evening.



No comments:
Post a Comment