Well, I've been waiting for Patrick to post about his trip to Houston with the kids last week. I guess that isn't going to happen any time soon. In the meantime, I wanted to do a quick post on what's going on with us this week.
This is a picture of Eric with his friend Sofia. The lady who runs the "Snack Shack", which is the name of our concession stand during the home swim meets for our neighborhood team, was trying to get rid of the last treats left over from our last home meet last Saturday. She's been bringing popsicles and Fruit Roll-ups and Fruit by the Foot to the morning and evening practices. The kids are starting to expect a treat at every practice, I think. This is the last week of our neighborhood swim team practices. This coming Sunday, we'll be having our Championship meet vs. the other four teams in our division. Our team party with follow and then no more neighborhood swim team until next summer. Eric already asked if he could join again next summer. Of course!
Eric has been going to both the morning and the evening swim practices almost every day this month. He has a faint goggle tan. Although we usually put sunscreen on him pretty religiously, apparently Patrick forgot yesterday morning, so Eric's cheeks and nose were a little rosy. He also got a haircut today. It's funny how he thinks his hair is long with it reaches his forehead, compared to his older brothers and their long hair. He and Natalie have some blond highlights too. Cute.
Patrick and Natalie are leaving for Austin tomorrow morning. Natalie will be swimming in a meet at UT on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. They are staying in Austin overnight on Friday and coming home after the meet on Saturday afternoon. I can't go, as usual, because I have to work. I have a regular day tomorrow and then I'm on call 24 hours on Saturday. I knew this day would come. I missed one day of a two-day meet in May because I had to work. Now I have to miss two days! Meanwhile, the boys will be home by themselves on Saturday morning and afternoon. Anthony is even the one that has to take Eric to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. He's been driving Alex around this summer. We will all definitely miss our extra driver this coming school year!
I can't exclude the boys in this post. They been going to the gym a few mornings this week. Alex has also had a number of friends sleeping over here last weekend, as sort of a belated birthday celebration. Yesterday he had a couple of friends over just so they could go swimming in our neighborhood pool. Anthony has been to Splashtown and Fiesta Texas, going out to eat with his friends, and playing lots of PS3. I feel like I barely see those two.
That's all I can think of to report for this week. Hopefully one of the next posts will be from Patrick about their trip to the Museum of Natural Science in Houston last weekend! ;)


1 comment:
Love his haircut!!! awesome!
Post a Comment