I have to write a post about what all the kids are up to, but after fighting with the computer all evening, I only have time for this short post.
We had just received a Lego catalog in the mail yesterday morning, and Eric gravitated toward the Star Wars Legos in the catalog. Unfortunately, he had spilled some milk on the catalog and I tore off the cover because it had been soaked with the milk. The cover had a picture of the new Ewok Village Lego Star Wars set, so he wanted to keep the cover, but I decided that an old milk smell would not be good to have around the house.
A little bit later, Alex, Eric, and I went to the mall. The main reason was that I wanted to go out somewhere. I was post-call and I really wanted to do something besides nap. Eric, of course, wanted to visit the Lego Store. That is his one "must see" store at the mall now--it's replaced the Disney Store. He doesn't even ask about the Disney Store anymore, even though it's right next door. He always goes straight to the Star Wars Lego section and squats down to look at the sets near the floor and also reaches up to take down the sets in the middle section so he can get a closer look. Sometimes he even asks me to get a set that is higher up. Today, he spent a little extra time looking at the Lego watches. I've had my eye on the Lego watches because I know how much he loves Star Wars and I was thinking that it was about time to get him a "real" watch.
He actually had a "real watch" a couple of years ago. It had cars on it and it was brightly colored. I would have worn it myself except for the fact that it was kid-sized and could not be adjusted to a bigger size. He didn't even try to tell the time on the watch, but it was cute and it was only around $10, so I got it for him.
This time, the Star Wars Lego watch was priced at $24.99 without tax. That was a little too pricey for me to say that I would get it for him "just because", because the next time we go to the Lego Store, he would definitely want something else. So, when he seemed extra interested in the watch, I suggested that he use his allowance money to buy it. I don't think he really knows the value of the money he has received for his allowance. He picked out the "Darth Maul" watch that came complete with a Darth Maul mini-figure with the double red light saber.
He wore the watch for a little while yesterday and today. We took a picture because Patrick texted Anthony about it and Anthony thought a Star Wars Lego watch was cool, so we wanted to show him a picture. The red and black is a good color. We counted out his money today, $27.05 was the price with tax included, so he could "pay me back" for buying it. He has plenty of money left. We also talked about how to tell the time. He's a pretty smart kid so I think he will be able to figure it out soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment