Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Labor Day Beach Weekend Day 2

On Sunday, I managed to get a photo of Patrick with Eric. Patrick took Eric out to the beach before I got out there, and let Eric run in and out of the water before playing in the sand. Eric really enjoyed the waves. The weather was noticeably more humid, but still nice with the stronger breeze.

FYI, I took all of these photos with my iPhone with its handy dandy waterproof case. I didn't submerge the phone in the water, but I felt comfortable using it with the splashing waves (and children) nearby. I brought my big camera but didn't really take it out at all.

Natalie willing came out to the beach on Sunday, and even ran into the waves, jumping on each wave as it got close to her. One would never guess that she refused (with her "piano face") to get into the water yesterday. She actually enjoyed herself--imagine that? Margot's parents had brought these pool floats out today, and almost everyone got to ride on them. Margot's mom Nancy even volunteered to take Eric out in hers, quite a few times. Alex went way out before getting in his float, so he went quite a long way before the waves pushed him all the way to shore. Natalie and Margot linked theirs together so that they could ride in tandem. Later, Patrick took Eric on the float with him.

Natalie and Margot also played in the sand with Eric. They made sand "mounds" instead of sand castles because they stayed close to the water where the sand was super saturated with water, and they were fine with that. They also took turns putting wet sand on each other--just their legs and feet.

One favorite activity that I forgot to mention yesterday was digging up and gathering a whole bunch of little shells. We then put them down in the wet sand and watched them all slowly burrow themselves back into the sand. Eric was completely fascinated with this on Saturday, and it was interesting to see Natalie's face when she noticed the shells moving themselves into the wet sand. She was quite interested and I could really see the concentration on her face.

At one point, Margot decided to draw the letters of their middle school in the sand and then she asked me to take a picture. I'm not sure exactly what she planned on doing with the picture, but I was happy to oblige, especially since Natalie willingly got into the picture instead of running away or hiding her face as she usually does.

On Monday, we all pretty much started packing up as soon as we got up and ate breakfast. We all had a really great time and we're glad that Nancy invited us to do this. We're back to school today and work for me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It looks like a fun time!