Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Breakfast Table

After we had all of that work done in the kitchen, we needed to get some chairs to place at the new expanded kitchen island. We had a breakfast table that we bought when we were still living in Illinois, but the screws on that started loosening, so we kept the chairs and put that table in the garage. The old table that we started using instead is one that Patrick bought unfinished and finished himself when we were first married (or maybe even before?), so that table is super old but it is super sturdy. I was postcall and off last Friday, so Patrick and I went shopping for a new table and chairs. We found one we liked and bought it with extra chairs for the kitchen island. They were able to schedule delivery the same day.

This is Eric relaxing on the area rug we have in the breakfast area. We had moved the old table and chairs out of the way in preparation for the delivery of the new furniture. I thought it was hilarious that Eric felt like plopping himself down and pretending to sleep. When I took the picture, Eric of course wanted me to text the picture to his big brother, which I did.

Eric has this habit of laying down on the chair at the table. He takes so long to eat anyway and I found myself continually reminding him to sit up while he was at the table just the day before. So, when Patrick and I bought a counter-height table and chairs that were higher, we joked that Eric would be falling off the chairs regularly. In this picture, the delivery guy had brought all the chairs in before getting the table. Eric started checking out the chairs. I talked to him about how he likes to lay down on the chairs and reminded him to be more careful since these chairs were higher. He of course had to lay down on the chairs to check it out further.

When they brought the entire set in, put the table together, and then left, I took this picture. Eric found the shelves underneath the table and had already made that a "hiding place" so I decided to take a picture of him on the shelf. We've had the set for almost a whole week now and he is still laying down on the chairs. Luckily, so far he hasn't fallen off.

We really liked this set because the chairs are padded and the table area is bigger. It's actually more square with the extra table leaf in place, which is good since we tend to put extra stuff on the table, like the kids' schoolwork, the newspaper, etc. The shelves will be nice to put stuff on to get them out of the way--when they don't have a child laying on them, that is.

No comments: