So much for trying to post more often! Life has just gotten in the way. Later this week I hope to have a short blog post about some of the little things that have happened in the last week.
For today I want to write about the Super Bowl Party that we went to this past Sunday. Patrick had always planned on making his chili for Super Bowl Sunday. We were going to have a small gathering at our house, but then our good friends Al and Alicia invited us over to their house. They have a media room that Al finished out next to their garage.
Patrick still made the chili and then brought it over to their house along with margaritas. I decided to make some Sausage-Stuffed JalapeƱos also. I looked up the recipe online but a friend made something quite similar a few years back and I've been wanting to try it since then. I also made the Rum Glazed Banana Cake that used to be a favorite a few years ago. That's another recipe that I haven't made in years. It's funny how life gets in the way...
We went over shortly before kickoff. Eric played with Sofia and Natalie hung out in Anna's room. Her friend Margot was also there because Margot's parents went to a different Super Bowl Party. Margot understandably chose to hang out with her friends instead. In fact, the girls never really came out of that room except maybe once to get something to eat.
Al, Patrick, and Alex hung out in the media room. Alicia and I chose to watch on their other big screen TV in the living room so that we could be closer to the food. I was so stuffed but I really enjoyed all the food, so I paced myself and kept eating.
Eric and Sofia got creative when we didn't allow them to get on electronics. They played with this play tunnel. First they put a remote control car on the floor and put this tunnel lengthwise on top of the car. When the car moved, it pushed the tunnel this way and that. They got tired of that game so they started taking turns dragging each other across the floor.
The football game wasn't very exciting, so after halftime, I decided to go home and get Eric ready for bed. I was getting a bit sleepy myself since I didn't get to take a nap due to all the cooking and baking. It was a low-key Super Bowl Party, but we enjoyed spending time with our good friends.


1 comment:
You need to post the recipe for the sausage jalapeƱos. They look yummy! I'm thinking I could up use turkey sausage and would love to try them.
Post a Comment