I totally forgot to post about Valentine's Day. Alex didn't have practice that day, so Alex and I were able to get home by about 5pm.
Patrick bought roses to decorate the kitchen island and he also had another vase with roses in the middle of the dining table. Patrick doesn't give me flowers very often and I'm fine with that because I'd rather get stuff that lasts a while, like a new purse or clothes, but I still enjoy receiving flowers. The fact that he put them in a couple of our beautiful vases made them even more special.
I requested salmon for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. We didn't do anything special last year, probably because Natalie was going to be in the A Championships the next day. The year before, in 2012, Patrick made chocolate fondue and it was fabulous! He doesn't make it very often, in fact, I only remember the time he made it two years ago, but I think he may have made it some other time in between. He cut up bananas, strawberries, and french bread to dip into the chocolate. Yum!
The kids loved the grilled salmon--one of our favorite family meals, and the loved the chocolate fondue even more. Way to go, Papa! Thanks for a wonderful Valentine's Day meal!



No comments:
Post a Comment