Friday, June 20, 2014

Riverwalk Adventures

I'm not very good at taking selfies, but I'd like to get myself in more photos, so I keep trying. I'm usually smiling way too much, mostly because I am laughing at how bad the photo is. Here I was trying to get the Tower of the Americas in the background. Patrick and I took a nice morning walk yesterday. We are standing near the Arneson Theatre where the Spurs Celebration began last night.

We actually started our walk a little earlier, and we went looking for a place to eat breakfast. Soon after we started walking, however, a bird decided to poop on Patrick's shirt and head. He had to go back to our hotel room to take a shower and change his shirt--it was that bad. We had a good laugh about it, though.

I shared this photo on Facebook already. We decided to go to a restaurant to watch the World Cup game that started at 2pm--England vs. Uruguay. We were at Rita's on the River, and they offered a 32 ounce margarita. Patrick already had the 16 ounce version and decided he liked it enough to get the large one. We usually watch games like this at home, and it was cool to be able to order snacks during the game and have someone else refill our drinks. Patrick chatted briefly with an Englishman during the first half of the game. The guy left at the half, not happy with how his team was playing. England ended up losing 1-2.

This is the view from our hotel room balcony last night. We did a lot of walking yesterday, sometimes on the Riverwalk, and sometimes on the sidewalks next to the busy streets. We changed it up for variety. The weather was really nice for this time of year. The clouds kept the temperatures pleasant, and the light breeze felt great.

We had dinner last night for the first time at Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse. For those who have never been to that restaurant, there were servers constantly roaming around with different types of meat--beef, lamb, chicken, and pork. They kept coming until we turned over the little cards they gave us from green to red. Patrick and I wanted to taste everything, but we couldn't do much more than taste--there was so much. We took our time walking home because we were so full.

We left the hotel this morning and came home. The kitchen sink was full of dishes, and the laundry that Patrick asked the kids to fold when we left on Wednesday afternoon, was still in the basket in the living room. They didn't seem too excited to see us, but I was happy to see them. Eric was getting smothered with kisses, but he didn't mind as long as he could still watch Pokemon on the iPad. It's back to the routine tomorrow--another swim meet, of course!

1 comment:

JulieP said...

What an awesome 'rita!!!!

Hey, I got pooped on recently too, sitting on the cruise ship in the port of Belize city. Not. Fun.