Friday, June 27, 2014

Swimmer of the Week 2014

I took Eric to the morning swim practice today. He's been going pretty much every morning, but he didn't feel like going at all yesterday. Today is the last swim practice of the summer swim meet season. They cancelled the one tonight since they have an early swim meet tomorrow morning. The swim meet starts at 7:45am!

Eric and I were leaving when we heard Coach Jesse say that he was going to announce the Swimmer of the Week awards, so Eric hurried back. I think that ever since he and Natalie got it last year, he's been hoping he would get it again. Coach Jesse started out announcing that a couple of families with multiple children on the swim team. He likes to group families together, probably because then more kids can get the award. He ended up saying that he wasn't sure if "they" (referring to Eric and Natalie) wanted to admit knowing each other, before announcing that the fourth and final Swimmer of the Week award went to Eric and Natalie. Eric was SO excited! We cam home and immediately got this picture in our front yard (with our poor parched grass).

Natalie was at home resting her back. She's been at her club swim practice three nights this week, and because of all of that swimming, she said she was a little sore. As with last year, she says that the Swimmer of the Week award is actually Eric's award, since she isn't at the neighborhood practices as much as Eric. She contributes quite a bit to the team at the swim meets, though, since she is usually at least tied for getting the biggest point total of anyone else on the team. She deserves it as much as Eric.

I'm at work right now, so I had to post this photo from my phone. I'll try to write another post tomorrow about the Championship Meet.

No comments: