Natalie was undecided on what costume to wear for Halloween this year. She had always planned on putting something together or using one of my old costumes. She was undecided as of about 5pm today. Then, after dinner, I saw her with a rolled up piece of white paper, and then the next thing I knew, she had taped it onto her headband for a made-up unicorn costume.
The plan was to drop her off at her friend Margot's house before 6pm so she could go trick or treating with a group of friends. The next time I saw her was back at home when Eric had enough and wanted to start eating his candy. That was just before 8pm. Natalie and her friends had been resting back at our house. She had already gotten a good three times the amount of candy that Eric had gotten, and she went out again to get more. She came back by her self probably a half hour or so later.
Eric's costume was more planned out. We purchased a premade costume of Star Lord from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy this past summer. We bought the Nerf gun separately. We've had this costume for over a month now, and we just folded the pants part today--Patrick actually did it. :)
We went trick or treating with my friend Alicia and her daughter Sofia, as well as a friend of hers and her daughter. We left at around 6:30pm and went a different direction in the neighborhood as we have in previous years. The girls seemed to have more energy than Eric. They wanted to run to every house, and their moms held them back. Eric was always trailing behind them a few steps. I knew he was getting tired because when Sofia's necklace broke and her mom was fixing it, he sat down on the sidewalk to wait. He seemed to be trailing farther and farther back, so I finally asked him if he wanted to go home and eat his candy. I was relieved when he said "yes". I wasn't looking at the time, so I was surprised that it was already almost 8pm when we got home.
I gave him a bath then he was allowed to eat candy. I told him to put his wrappers on a paper plate so I could keep track of how much he had eaten.
This is a picture of him with all the candy he had collected. He only ended up eating small packages of Lifesaver Gummies, Mike and Ike fruit flavored candies, Skittles Wild Berry, and Pop Drops (most of that package was still intact when he decided he had enough). He spent time looking at the Target Toy Book that just arrived today, so he was a little distracted.
Alex got dropped off at his friend Malayah's house so he could go to her church Trunk or Treat, and then he was going back to his friend Dylan's house to spend the night. He was in a rush to leave, so I didn't get a photo of him in his costume. I pleaded with him to get someone to take a photo of him for me, but it didn't sound like that was high on his agenda. I just hope he stays safe tonight. There are some crazies out there.
Our culdesac put up a table at the entrance again, so we could all put our candy bowls out and the kids could get their own candy while the adults spent time together instead of staying in their own houses separately. It's a more low key celebration than in years' past when we used to have a pot luck out there too, but it's still nice to meet the neighbors even if it's only once a year.
Happy Halloween, everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment