Thursday, October 09, 2014

Hectic Evening

I overheard a lady in the locker room at work saying that she couldn't wait to get home so she could lie down on the sofa and rest. I don't get to do that. My second job begins as soon as I I leave work. I left work today, a little before 4pm. I picked up Alex from school at around 4:30pm. We got home at about 4:50pm.

Today, was a little different in that we had an appointment at the Apple Store. Alex's new iPhone 6 has been shutting off at odd times. For example, his phone shut off while it was charging on his clock last night, so the alarm that he had set on his phone did not go off. Last week, he and Patrick went to the Apple Store and they did a full firmware and system restoration, but that didn't work, so we went to the Apple Store again today for another appointment at 5:20pm. So, we got home, Alex backed up his phone, and then we were out the door again to go to the mall for the appointment at 5:05pm.

There was a ton of traffic, so we didn't park until about 5:25pm, and we didn't get into the Apple Store until about 5:30pm. There was a line to check in, so we didn't actually give them our name until 5:35pm. They had given away our appointment by then, so we waited a few minutes. The lady that ended up helping us ended up giving us a new phone, but she said that Alex should set the phone up as a "new" phone instead of restoring it from his backup, because of some sort of conflicting stuff going on that might be the reason why the phone was shutting itself off. We need his phone to work when he goes on a school trip this weekend.

As we were finishing up at the Apple Store around 5:55pm, I called to order some takeout pizza from Grimaldi's Pizzeria. It was ready by around 6:20pm. We left to go to Eric's piano lesson at 7pm. There wasn't much traffic, but there was enough that I couldn't drop Alex off at home first before going to piano lesson. We did, however, have time for me to fill up with gas at Costco for $2.979 per gallon, then we went to the place where Eric has his piano lessons to eat our takeout pizza. We got there by around 6:30pm.

Eric had his lesson from 7-7:30pm, then we were home by about 7:45pm. Eric had a mini ice cream sandwich for dessert, then got ready for bed, then went to bed. Ahhh, at last I get to relax at about 8pm. Patrick got home with Natalie from swim practice at about 8:30pm.

I'm not complaining, though. I know I'll miss it a little when the kids are all gone. I'm kinda crazy that way.

No comments: