Sunday, November 30, 2014

Welcome to SA

My in-laws arrived in town yesterday. They are closing on their house tomorrow. They've been shopping for furniture as they got rid of some of their stuff when they sold their house in California. We met them at the Longhorn Steakhouse out by the hotel that they are staying at, a bit more north than where their house is. It took over an hour to get there, including dropping off Alex at a friend's house.

The kids seemed excited about their grandparents being in town. I know I'm excited about it. I've always wished that my kids could grow up with their grandparents around, and though it's a little late for Anthony and maybe Alex, it'll be nice for Natalie and Eric. They'll probably stay at our house on Monday night, since their furniture won't be delivered yet.

Patrick has been going to a "Packers bar" nearby, for the Packers games this football season. They had a tailgate party outside the bar today, and I brought Natalie and Eric to it. They served hotdogs, burgers, and brats, played music, and had games for everyone to enjoy.

They played this one game that involved tossing balls held together by a string. I love Natalie's face here, after she totally missed the target. Her expression is probably similar to the one I made when I totally missed the target when I first tried to play. I almost hit someone, it was so off target.

Eric was a little intense during his turns. He did at least as well as Natalie and definitely better than me. They also played some other bean bag tossing games. There was face painting and a bouncy house, and there was someone making balloon animals, but we didn't participate in those.

Grandma and Grandpa called when we had been there around an hour, saying that they were on their way. The temperatures were in the 70s and sunny, and the kids were hot and wanted to go home, so we didn't get to see Grandma and Grandpa. They got to meet some other Packers fans, though, and it was still cool that they were so close by that they could just drop by and see us. We're so glad they will be here, at least part of the year. Welcome to San Antonio, Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: