Today is the first day of December. Because I'm planning on doing a "December Daily" album this year, that means I plan on documenting/scrapbooking each day in December in an album. I haven't scrapbooked in a while, so wish me luck!
Today I also let Eric open his new Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar. He was so excited about this when I bought it for him, but he was more excited about getting on the iPad after he opened this--more on that later.
He needed just a little help putting together the toy for the day, but he did seem to have fun once he got that toy. He had a very early and busy start to his day.
Today is also the first day after the Thanksgiving Holiday from school. That means that soccer season officially starts for Alex, with practices every morning at 6:45am. That also means that basketball season officially starts for Natalie, with practices every morning at 6:15am. That meant that Alex and Natalie were already up when I left for work a little after 5am. Patrick had to get Eric up a half hour earlier than usual, at 5:40am, so he could get dressed and then be taken along while Patrick dropped Natalie off at school first, and then Alex. Patrick then took Eric to Starbucks for breakfast, then took Eric to school. Starbucks won't be a daily occurrence, but Eric being driven around before school will be.
We thought Alex would also have afternoon soccer practice, but apparently it will only be morning practices. He didn't tell me this until I was already taking me time to get him after work, because I had expected to have to pick him up at 5:30pm after practice instead of right after school at 4:15pm. We didn't get home until after 5pm.
Meanwhile, Patrick was already at gymnastics with Eric from 5-6pm. No wonder Eric couldn't wait to get on the iPad. Natalie still has physical therapy twice a week, so that will be an additional place for Patrick to drive tomorrow and Thursday. She also has a doctor's appointment this Friday. By the way, Natalie signed up to be the team manager for basketball, so she could participate and see her friends. She would rather play than watch, but at least she feels a little more involved this way.
Lastly, Grandma and Grandpa closed on their house today. Yay! It's official! Their furniture gets delivered tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment