I should have posted about this earlier, but Patrick and I have had to carefully choreograph our movements this week with child activities and pickups/drop-offs--more on that later. We got to visit Grandma and Grandpa last Sunday. They are leaving for Colorado tomorrow. I'm not sure when they'll be back, but it's been nice having them in town for these last couple of months.
We did the usual and picked up Rudy's BBQ--"The Worst BBQ in Texas" for a late lunch. Eric and Natalie really like their turkey, and I love their beef brisket. This is a picture of Eric in the driver's seat of the van. Natalie was in her usual grumpy mood and not wanting to be in the car for long periods, so Patrick made her get out and help him get the food. Eric and I stayed in the car and he was a bit energetic, so I let him "play" in the driver's seat. I also let him stand up in the back of the van, and his head now touches the roof. It's nice to see evidence that this boy is growing.
When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Grandpa had just gone out for a walk. Grandma, of course, had told him that we were due any time, but Grandpa does what he wants. When he got back, he was surprised that we were already there.
Grandma lamented that she didn't have any games or anything for the kids to play with when they visited her. They are usually fine with the electronics that we bring, and there are plenty of games in there, but we didn't bring any iPads or iPad minis this time.
Eric was a little restless anyway, and since it was such a beautiful day--sunny and in the 70s, he kept going outside into their backyard. Even with how energetic he was, he was still sitting down a lot, so I took this picture of him squatting in the middle of their yard, which has a little hill. That wooded area behind is a green space behind their property. He went into the tall grass and hid for a while.
Later, after lunch, Grandma took the two kids (we had dropped Alex off at lacrosse practice) for a walk in the neighborhood. Grandma said that Eric had to sit and rest a couple of times because his "legs were tired". He just cracks me up. He is all energy, but then he always complains that his legs get tired. I've told him that meant that he had to walk more.
We ended our visit when it was time to pick up Alex. Patrick saw Grandma and again on Tuesday to help her buy and set up a new computer. It's so much nicer to be able to help them in person rather than feeling helpless on the other side of the telephone line. We're not sure when they'll be back, but we'll definitely see them for Spring Break in March in Colorado.


No comments:
Post a Comment