My sister Cynthia and I were taking pictures. My sister Melissa said that she doesn't usually worry about having to take pictures because Cynthia and I usually take care of it. We decided that we needed on of Alex because he was the one carrying around the pink basket with all of the eggs. We had tasked Alex and Nick to hide the eggs for the younger ones.
My Mom's backyard is not that big, so they had some trouble finding enough varied locations to make it somewhat challenging. The result was their putting eggs in very difficult locations. This picture is of my brother-in-law John helping Eric reach one of the eggs. Alex had put the egg in between the wire to their Direct TV dish and the roof. Alex is the tallest in our family, currently, and he was the only one that could reach that high without the aid of anyone or anything else--more on that later.
Of course, Aly whizzed by and found her allotment of eggs (one third of the 42 that we made--or 14 each) very quickly, and she got all of the "easy" ones that were out in the open and easy to reach. Natalie and Eric took a bit longer. In the end, we all had trouble finding the last handful. We even had to get one back from Natalie because she had put 15 eggs in her basket.
This is a picture that I actually took while the boys were still hiding eggs before the egg hunt. Alex had put one of the eggs into the gutter. We told him that wasn't a good place to hide an egg because: one--he is the only one that is tall enough to reach the gutter without the aid of anyone or anything else, and two--no one would be able to see it and therefore find it. After it was in the gutter, though, even Alex couldn't reach it, so John got a chair to stand on and retrieved it from the gutter. In the end, Alex decided to "hide" one of the eggs in his pocket. It took Patrick strongly hinting to Natalie to check Alex's pocket for Natalie to get that egg.
Most of the eggs had candy, but some of the eggs had quarters. Natalie only got two quarters, but she gave them to Aly, so Aly had a total of $2.50. Eric had a total of $2.25. They all got plenty of candy, and they'll get plenty more tomorrow.
Notice in this photo that Alex is in the center in the background. At first I didn't want him in the picture, but I decided I liked that he was trying to get in the photo. :)
Eric still needed a lot of help finding most of his eggs again this year, but he had fun, so I have a feeling we'll be doing this again next year.After the Easter egg hunt, we had a little early "birthday" celebration for Eric, since his birthday is coming up this next week. I'll save that for another post.




No comments:
Post a Comment