Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter 2015

My Easter started at about midnight. I had not been feeling well, so I went to bed without eating anything for dinner. At about midnight, Patrick came to bed and that's when I realized that the Easter baskets weren't put together yet. Luckily I felt better and proceeded to take out some of the goodies I bought for the kids and put them in baskets. It was too late to confer with my sister Cynthia as to the items she had gotten for the kiddos, so only put the stuff that I got into the baskets. I also made a basket for my niece Emily, who we weren't going to be able to see, because she was with her father this Easter weekend.

For the girls, I got journals with their first initial on the front, along with a set of colored pens. For Eric, Patrick got a book on lightsaber thumb wrestling, complete with little lightsabers that you can velcro onto your thumbs. He had gotten one for Anthony too, that we sent to him last week. I also got Eric a Star Wars Rebels chapter book. My one gift for the boys was a package of Uniball gel pens, one of my own personal favorites--rather boring, but I try to get the kids some non-candy items. The rest of the baskets were filled with Kit-kats, Twix, and fruit-type candy. Alex is trying to stay away from chocolate for acne reasons. Of course, there was an obligatory chocolate bunny (Dove). In the morning, Cynthia put some chocolate-covered strawberries (from Melissa) and Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies into the baskets as well.

We went to 9am mass, then we went to Easter Brunch at Churrasco's. We had lots of choices at the brunch buffet, but some favorites included the beef tips and the fruit crepes. The fruit crepes were made fresh to order, but with one guy making each crepe one at a time, it took forever to get one. Four of us stood in line at various times to get one, because we felt like it was the best dessert among a few good choices.

Interestingly, Eric said the best part was the bagel and the chocolate mousse cake that he had. He had some prime rib, but he said that he liked the steak that Papa makes better. He also had some crispy bacon, but he also said that he liked the bacon we usually have at home (turkey bacon) better. Why did we even take him to this brunch when he was happier with the food he gets at home? ;)

Note that there is an extra chair shown next to my nephew Nick in this picture. We joked about it, but it was true--we saved that seat for Anthony, who is at school and couldn't be with us today. We all missed him!

After the brunch, we went back to my sister Cynthia's house to pack up the car to go home. It's always wonderful visiting family. Thankfully, they get to come visit me in a few weeks for Eric's First Communion.

I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!

No comments: