
Here are the photos I promised I would display. I changed my header above with some closeups of the older kids. Doesn't DD look like she is modeling those seashells for some gameshow? The boys really look like they're having fun. Even DH got in on the action and was helping DS#2 build his little fort/sand castle. DS#2 really gets into building and was upset when we had to leave his creation on the beach.
DS#3, on the other hand, was sleeping most of the time. In the photo on the left, he was perched inside the back of the van. In the photo on the right, I was holding him and trying to get a photo of him looking very peaceful. This leads me to a list of things that made me smile during this beach trip. Most involve me observing my family since I was pretty much stuck sitting on a chair holding DS#3 during Day 2 of our trip:1. My kids really getting excited about building sand structures
2. DD asking if she can take home the various "cool-looking" shells she found on the beach
3. DH digging in the sand, helping DS#2 build a castle/fort
4. DH and DD walking along the beach with her running alongside him
5. DD holding hands with DS#1 as they stepped into the crashing waves
6. DS#2, who was upset about having to leave his sand creation at the beach, being appeased when I told him we would take a picture so he could remember it forever
7. Digging my own toes under the sand so that my feet would be covered completely with sand
8. Trying to make a tunnel with DS#1 and finally figuring out that we should make a big mound first and then making a hole through it, rather than trying to make an arch that kept collapsing
9. Hearing DS#1 explain that DD wanted to make her drawing "evil" so he had instructed her to give him "fangs"--she is such a "boy"!
10. Hearing all three kids tell us that they want to go to the beach again! :)
1 comment:
Look at those little lips! Makes you just want to kiss him! Gorgeous beach photos and I love that you just decided to wing it and go have fun - awesome!
Post a Comment