Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Free Day

I got called back into work this morning at around 1AM. Two trauma cases came in at the same time, and another was possibly on its way. I felt surprisingly awake at 3AM this morning. In any case, I was sent home at around 5AM after my case ended. I was very tired, but excited that I was going to get the rest of the day off. DS#3 was good to DH and did not wake him up while I was gone. Yes, this is the second night in a row that DS#3 slept from about 10PM to 530AM. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this continues.

Everyone let me sleep for most of the morning then the whole family went to the gym. Our gym starts taking kids at 3 months old, and DH wanted to check out the whole system so he can make use of it. The whole thing requires some pre-planning, as spots for infants have to be reserved 48 hours in advance. They'll feed and play with the babies, but they won't change their diapers. The older kids enjoy the "daycare" too because they get to play on the big play gym and other areas AND they can play on one of the many computers. Guess which area my older kids played in--computers, of course!

Anyway, I was able to get about 30 minutes on the elliptical machine before they paged me. DS#3 was apparently very hysterical, but he stopped right before I got there. He was quietly sucking on his fist when I saw him. We went home while DH took the other kids to the outdoor pool and water slides there at the gym. He was in a good enough mood to let me take some photos of him with the chair I used to take photos of DD in. I want to be able to see how he's grown relative to the chair.

This afternoon, after they all got back home, I took the older boys to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was a great movie, but then, we're all HP fans. It made me want to re-read that whole 900-page book again. The movie just capped off a really nice day with the family. :)

3 comments:

Anita said...

He sure is growing fast and I'm glad you got some gym time.

SALTZWORKS said...

You are making me all nostalgique (sp?) and missing those days - ah, the smell and love of babies!

Just Say Julie said...

that is one of the cutest baby pics i've ever seen!