First of all, a retraction of sorts, of my last post. DH says he is NOT a "happy homemaker". He says that he was just tired of eating out all the time and tired of maids that only pretended to clean. No matter what the reason, I still feel lucky to have him do all of that work, though. :) We all did a bunch of cleaning this morning, so we could have people over this evening.
Tonight, we invited my scrapping friend Jen, who I know from the Scrapaddict.com Design Team, and her family over for dinner. Her boys played with my kids while we talked, and we also got to meet her DH. We all had a nice time, I think. I'm glad to finally have a scrapping friend here in town. Last year, I thought I had found one. She was a reservist RN who I met through work. Although she was very nice, she has grown kids and doesn't have quite the addiction to scrapbooking that I do, so we didn't have too much else other than scrapbooking in common. We do still keep in touch, however.
I was so excited when Jen moved here in June. Jen has a young family and she loves to scrap as much as I do, but the best part is that she is so easy to get along with. They've been here just a little over a month and we've met several times. I've really enjoyed her company and I hope she has enjoyed mine, too. We haven't yet scrapped together, though, but I hope that we can do that some time soon!
5 comments:
How fun to be close enough to get together!
AWWW!! You are so sweet!! Thanks so much, we had a great time too and I am glad to be living so close that we can get together!! I was feeling bad when we left the other night cause I asked Ian if helped pick up and he said no. So sorry if your play room was a mess!! When you come over your kids are allowed to leave a mess and make Ian pick it all up!!
Can't wait to do it again soon!!! :)
I'm so jealous you two got to meet. Dangit, if I still lived in San Antonio....hmph.
So cool! I am lucky to have several scrapping buds local and we all have so much fun.
You need to start a GNO( Girls Night Out)regularly. They are so much fun.
Hee hee - my DH would say the same! LOL! But he does cook too ;)
Post a Comment