Tuesday, April 08, 2008

One Year Photos

Isn't amazing how one activity can consume your entire day? I had an appointment today at 10:30AM with The Picture People (on a strong recommendation from Jen) to get One Year Old photos of DS#3. First of all, how does he always know when I don't have to get up as early as usual? He woke me up at about 2AM! He had a very restless sleep, and therefore, so did DH and I. He was up by the time I got home from taking the other kids to school, and he wouldn't take a morning nap before the appointment. He was SO cranky! I was bracing myself for a disappointment like when I took DD to get her One Year Old photos taken. Can you see the photo on the upper right of this page where she is just bawling her eyes out? You can't see it here, but the picture of her standing shows tears in her eyes, too.


The photographer that helped us today was SO patient. His first look said, "Who are you and what do you want from me?!!" She really worked at playing with him so he would start to trust her and start playing with her--a little bit, anyway. He was still very clingy and intermittently whimpered and cried, but he did give her a few great smiles. I don't have time to scan in some of the photos, but I liked some of them enough that I bought one of their frames with the space for an 8x10 and 2 5x7's to display at home. I also decided that when the other kids have their next birthdays, I'm going to take them to The Picture People so they can each get similar frames to hang with their brother's frame. It was a bit more pricey than what I was used to (going to JCPenney's), but in this case it was very worth it. Thanks, Jen! :)

5 comments:

Melonie said...

I love the picture people...mostly because I am impatient and like getting the pics within an hour:) Glad you were happy with the way they turned out.

Carolyn F said...

We used to have Picture People -- I have some wonderful photos from them. They are closed here now. =(

Pam Sivage said...

I have seen some of their pictures, usually great!
Love the layout, did you doing the quilling?

Catherine said...

Glad you got some good photos! Love the layout of DD's photos!

The Mom said...

Yeah I am glad you had a good experience there because I hate telling people places I love only to have them HATE them. LOL!!

I can't wait to see the pictures!!