Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today's Schedule of Events

I took the day off today, tomorrow, and Monday so I could spend some time with the kids before school starts. I also wanted to get a few things done that I haven't gotten to do because of work and watching the Olympics.

This morning, we went to the gym. I really need to start exercising regularly again. I feel so much better when I exercise, so I don't know why I don't just do it. Oh wait, I think that's because I'm so tired from all the other stuff I have to do--sigh! I used to say that I exercised just so I could eat whatever I want. The problem is that I still eat whatever I want. DH would also really benefit from more regular exercise, so we've been trying to support each other in this quest.

This afternoon, the youngest three children and I went to the Rivercenter Mall (DH and DS#1 went to soccer practice). My mom drove into town with a friend to attend a convention for work. They are staying near the River Walk, so I had to go see her, of course. We had dinner at Tony Roma's, which used to be a big favorite of ours. This location isn't nearly as nice as the one that used to be near us, but that one closed a long time ago. It was still a nice visit, with Mom getting reacquainted with her grandchildren. We were at the Disney Store when we first met up with her, and DS#2 had given DS#3 this Mickey toy to hug and hold. The kids were sad to separate from their Lola, but she promised to come visit with Dad next week! :)

4 comments:

Bonni said...

Sounds like you guys had a great visit :) and at least you have a legit excuse for not going to the gym, lol

The Mom said...

Sounds like a nice visit!!! I love Tony Romas!!

Pam Sivage said...

Sounds like a fun visit and Romas is always good!

Laura said...

Shopping and seeing mom - can't get much better than that!