Thursday, October 09, 2008

18 months!


My baby is 18 months old today! He went to the doctor today and he was a whopping 21 1/2 pounds (4%) and 32 1/2 inches (50%). It's not for lack of trying either. Tonight he had a whole chicken strip from Popeye's and for lunch he ate almost a whole hotdog plus a whole cheese stick. His favorite words are "up" (even when he means "down") and "no" (even when he means "yes"). I'm pretty sure he tries to say his siblings' names, but he's still too hard to understand for me to tell right away which sibling name he's trying to say. His favorite toys are either balls or wheeled vehicles, depending on his mood. The smaller the object, the more he likes it. One of his favorite balls right now is a really bouncy ball that is a little over an inch in diameter. I know--it's a choke-able object, and we try to keep it out of sight, but once he sees it, he doesn't stop crying and fussing until he has it. It can also be a good toy to distract him, though, if we want him to do something. Apparently he did okay with his shots. he didn't seem any more fussy than usual this evening.

As for DD, she went to the doctor today too. She has this rash on her left arm only. I first saw it on Monday. It was significantly worse yesterday, so DH called and made an appointment for her for today too. The doctor thought it looked like a rash from either poison oak or ivy. I'm not sure where she came in contact with that since this is the girl who says she doesn't like to get "sweaty". The school playground is apparently inspected regularly, so that doesn't seem to be where she came in contact with it. It looks kinda gross to me. I guess I have trouble with pustule looking skin lesions, or for that matter, anything remotely "fleshy". Anyway, we have a steroid cream for it. I hope it goes away quickly. Also, she is 44 1/4 inches and 43 1/2 pounds. I'm not sure where that falls on the growth curve, but it certainly isn't big.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Yeow!!! That looks painful! Poor thing.

As for ds...such a little munchkin. too cute!

Catherine said...

Hope that rash gets better quickly...and happy, happy 18 months!!

Lily said...

happy half birthday to your little guy. That rash looks awful

The Mom said...

I hope that rash gets better soon, it makes me itchy just looking at it!!

I can't believe how big your little guy got so quickly, seems like we were just making you a little baby book for him!!

Lynne said...

Ouch! THat rash looks uncomfortable! Hopefuuly the cream helps.

As far as your little guy, he is such a little cutie!! Colston just went in for his 6 month appt - he was 19 lbs. even. LOL! I keep reminding hubby that is just how our kiddos are - they are cubby babies and then they just stretch out and don't gain much weight.

Pam Sivage said...

I can't believe he is 18 months already, and so cute!!
Her rash looks terrible, hope it is one of the 2 and goes away with the cream!!

Laura said...

18 months?! Seriously?! Happy half birthdy to him!
Oh wow that rash is wicked! I'm with you on the pustule thing. ew Hope it goes away quickly and doesn't spread!