This is DS#2 at his soccer game today. DH and I are a little concerned about him. He recently decided that he didn't want to do Cub Scouts anymore, and then he didn't want to go to soccer practice this past Wednesday. Last night he had a game and he told us that he didn't want to go because his foot hurt. I guess his heel area has been hurting since early this past week. It gets worse when he runs, but (and here's the problem we have with this) he doesn't stop running at school or outside when he plays with his friends. I checked his foot out, and it doesn't seem swollen, and it seems more of a ligament or tendon injury and not a bony one. We discussed this with him, and he agreed to play last night and then today. DH and I are just worried that his wanting to quit these things are a symptom of something more serious. He is such a sensitive boy, and we are afraid something bad is going on with kids at school or at soccer. At least he talks frequently (and without prompting) about how much he loves this new school that he is at this year. If it wasn't for that, we would be even more worried.
This is another action shot I got today, but at DS#1's game. I don't remember exactly what was going on here, but DS#1 looks like he hurt himself here. He wasn't hurt. It's cool to watch him run fast. He's got such long legs and he actually looks graceful. DH and I don't know where he got THAT at. I guess he's had phases where he as decided to quit things, like karate and art, so maybe we shouldn't worry so much about DS#2 so much. We'll keep an eye on things and hope all is well.
5 comments:
Both my DH and I have had heel trouble with activity that has been solved by a combination of anti-inflammatories and arch support/shoe liners. Hope he feeling better about his activities. It's always hard to know how much is a real physical problem and how much is kids' emotions. But you are your kid's parents and know best :) Good luck!
mmm, the heel thing is strange. Sounds like catherine gave you some good advice. You got some awesome action shots!
Love seeing your soccer action shots. Know you will get to the bottom of this problem.
Hey, have you thought about the heel problems Nick had this past summer? That growth plate in his heel could be an issue, as it was w/ Nick. Sounds like Catherine's boys also had to deal w/ the anti-inflammatory Rx and the heel cups so it might be looking into. Hope it's not a more motivational/behavioral issue, as getting to the root of that might take more digging.
Awesome action shots, BTW! Almost makes me want to lug around a big camera. ;)
Great action shots!!
I hope you figure out what's going on - whether it's physical or emotional, or both.
Post a Comment