Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Don't Always Take Pictures

As much as I love to record everything with pictures, I don't. Sometimes it just isn't appropriate. For example, I was taking a nap this afternoon (since I worked last night). Patrick had gone to pick up Anthony from school. Natalie woke me up by opening my bedroom door and telling me that she was getting a diaper for Eric--something about his going "potty". I was a little disoriented and I asked her where her father was. She said he was gone. As I woke up a little more, I wondered why she would need to get Eric a diaper, so I got up to check.

When I got downstairs, she and her friend M (who was playing at our house) were huddled over Eric in the downstairs bathroom. He was lying down on the floor and it looked like they were trying to put a diaper on him. Big bells were ringing in my head. I did actually think about getting a camera, but then I realized my priority was to get into the bathroom and figure things out. I'm still not sure what happened exactly but it did involve him trying to go "potty" and being unsuccessful but still needing another diaper. When I got there I took over. I told Natalie that the diaper was on backwards and that the tape needed to be in the back. Her friend M turned to her and said, "Oh! That's why you couldn't get the diaper on him." Great! Two 7-year-olds trying to change Eric's diaper. I still wish I had pictures. *WINK*

Speaking of taking pictures, Patrick and I saw sleet and a tiny bit of snow flurries falling this morning coming back from the gym. I got out of the car to take pictures and decided I couldn't get very good pictures there at the Costco gas station, so I took a picture of Patrick getting gas instead. He joked about how I needed a picture of him getting gas because he "never" gets gas. He was a good sport about it, though. :)

I did take these pictures when we got home. This is as close to "snow" that we get here. As you can see, it basically just looks like melting ice. I put the picture of the sprinkler head for size comparison. Unfortunately you can also see the dead grass. This was pretty much the only patch covered with snow/ice. At least the precipitation meant that it was a much easier evening because Alex didn't have soccer practice and Anthony's games were cancelled. Alex and I watched American Idol and Patrick and Natalie watched the Olympics. That's too boring to take pictures of, so I didn't, but I usually take pictures of "almost" everything. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I agree....there are just some things you can never catch, no matter how much you'd like to.