Saturday, February 06, 2010

That Meant That...

Anthony had two high school soccer games today. That meant that he got to start in the second game and he played the whole game. Unfortunately, they lost the game because one of their teammates inadvertently scored a goal for the other team. Still, Anthony played well and it looked like the team played well overall.

Patrick and I both went to the games. That meant that the little ones went too (despite Natalie's protests that she didn't want to). Alex usually doesn't like to go to his siblings' soccer games so that meant that he spent the entire morning at home by himself. We even had lunch after the games at Chipotle Mexican Grill without him.

We're still not used to going to games where we don't have to cart around our own chairs--they had bleachers. That meant that Natalie and Eric were playing on the railing. It kept them busy and it was cute that Eric kept following whatever Natalie was doing. When she moved away from him on the bleachers (when she was actually sitting) he moved towards her and got mad when she kept moving away.

Patrick wore his floppy hat. That meant that Eric at one point wanted to play with the hat and put it on. That also meant that I had to take a picture. After a few shots, I finally caught him with the hat on because he would take the hat off just as quickly as he put it on. Of course, this meant that Natalie also put the hat on because she didn't want to be left out of the fun plus she always wants her picture taken. I don't have that photo here, but trust me, she looks cute and I'm trying to enjoy this phase before she hits the phase where she doesn't want her photo taken.

Most of the bleachers were metal, but they were still wet from the rain we had earlier in the week. That meant that we sat on the one set of wooden bleachers that didn't appear wet, but unfortunately, wooden bleachers meant splinters--three of them in Eric's right hand. He complained that his hand hurt and he complained when I didn't kiss the exact spot where it hurt. I saw the splinters then but I couldn't do anything about it until we got home. Later, around 3PM, Eric started crying just because Natalie and her friend M were playing and I was trying to change his diaper so he couldn't join them. I knew that meant that he needed a nap. Patrick and I decided at that point to go ahead and take the splinters out. Luckily, that meant that he stopped crying because he was curious about what we were trying to do. We were successful for the most part (tiny bits were still there). Eric wanted to lay on my chest when we took a nap together, but that meant that I got hot and itchy with his warmth so close. He fell asleep within 10 minutes.

While we were napping, Anthony got dressed up to go to his first semi-formal dance. That meant that Patrick had to take pictures for me. He did a decent job but I could tell by the pictures that Anthony got a little tired of smiling for the camera after about nine pictures. His friend's big brother (a high school senior) was picking him up along with a few friends so they could go out to eat at Olive Garden before going to the dance. That meant that Patrick and I didn't have to bring him there, but Patrick did have to pick him up. That meant that we both stayed up since the dance ended at 11PM.

He seemed in good spirits when he got home. He did a little happy dance when he talked about his Fettucini Alfredo meal. That boy's main focus is always food. His friends even know that he is always hungry. In any case, he had fun, so this probably means that he'll be going to dances again in the future. *SIGH* I'm starting to feel sentimental again about my little boy growing up.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

So I want to know....did he actually dance? And was he the only one in slacks and a tie? Or did we know what we were talking about? :)