Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We just got back from visiting my family in Houston so I haven't been posting to my blog. We got to my Mom's house on Tuesday afternoon and we left Friday afternoon. I'll try to share pictures over the next few days so I don't load up all on one day for those of you out there on dial-up internet.

These pictures were taken on Thanksgiving day. My sister Cynthia spent the whole day on Wednesday driving back from her in-laws house in Oklahoma, so we didn't get to see them until Thanksgiving Day. They brought this funny little hat with elf-type ears attached. The tip of the hat wiggled around and made a jingling sound from the attached bell. Eric loved it, of course. This one didn't fall off him as easily as the Santa hat I bought him from Hallmark. He started really getting in the mood and dancing too. He's got a strange little dance where he'll wave his bent arms up and down, sort of like a chicken. He even did that dance to one of the songs at church a couple of weeks ago. Too cute!

This is my brother-in-law John who enjoyed wearing the hat as well. I don't get too many photos of him so here's a fun one. :)

Mom prepared everything. She is amazing! One of these days I'll have to figure out how to do this big family dinner thing. It was funny that Eric seemed most excited about the turkey. I think it's because they made a big deal out of it at the Thanksgiving celebration at his school. Turkey actually isn't a big thing in my family, except for my brother-in-law. He asked Cynthia to grab the leftovers when she came over today before we left. Mom also made sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, and a broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole. There were some egg rolls in there for variety. She also had a pumpkin cheesecake that a friend gave her, chocolate cake (Natalie's favorite) and some leftover flan from a couple of nights before (one of Anthony's favorites and mine). Oh, and there was a spinach dip and a queso dip for chips. We were eating all afternoon! Thanks, Mom!

The boys were on their electronics. The girls were playing who knows what but they were quiet and in one of the bedrooms. At one point I saw Aly on the computer and Natalie reading a book she had borrowed from Aly. Eric played with the girls a little but he mostly played with his cars. John and Patrick watched the Packers vs. Lions, the Cowboys vs. Dolphins, and finally UT vs. A&M. It was getting late by then so John had to settle for listening to the A&M game on the radio on the way home.

More pics to follow tomorrow!

No comments: