I was making a sandwich for Eric last week. For some reason, he said that it "would be nice" if we could make the sandwich into a dinosaur shape. I had already seen a sandwich cutter on Amazon that cuts sandwiches into two dinosaurs. When I mentioned that I had seen something like he was talking about, his face lit up. Of course, I had to get it. It arrived late last week, but Eric didn't have any sandwiches until yesterday, when I was away at work. Patrick cut his peanut butter sandwich into two dinosaurs. Doesn't Eric look excited and happy?
I also got Eric some dinosaur masks in the same shipment. What I didn't mention was that the masks weren't that realistic. A couple of them didn't look like any identifiable animal, let alone a dinosaur. What can I say? They were cheap.
Eric is just a little bit particular, in fact, we often say that he's a little "OCD" (obsessive-compulsive disorder). I got the feeling that the dinosaur masks weren't a complete hit with him because he couldn't identify some of them as dinosaurs. The triceratops one is by far his favorite because he can actually identify it as looking like a triceratops. I could throw the other ones away and he wouldn't notice. He would notice the missing triceratops mask. Now when he is going to let out some dinosaur roars, he puts on the mask.
Alex bought a couple of extra Jenga block sets recently, so they could use them to build things instead of playing the game Jenga. Eric put them together this morning into a "dinosaur" and wanted everyone to see his creation. It was difficult to photograph with my phone because I couldn't get the whole creation into the frame without getting on something to stand on, so I asked Anthony to take the picture for me.
The head of the dinosaur is up where Eric's head is situated. In case you can't recognize this dinosaur, it's because it's a "made up dinosaur". He likes to make up dinosaurs with fantastic features, like the "Bigasaurus" which is apparently "the biggest dinosaur" ever at "100 feet tall". What an imagination! What a builder! I remember when Alex used to build things like that.
Today for lunch, all of the kids decided they wanted grilled cheese sandwiches. Eric had requested one, cut into dinosaurs, of course, and the other kids decided they wanted grilled cheese sandwiches too, as long as I was already making one for Eric. Interestingly, when the big boys saw me cutting Natalie's sandwich with the dinosaur sandwich cutter, they wanted their grilled cheese sandwiches cut into dinosaurs too. I had actually cut Alex's sandwich into triangles already, and he was fine with that, but he sounded a little disappointed. Anthony ended up with four dinosaurs since he had two grilled cheese sandwiches. I guess Eric isn't the only one who likes dinosaur sandwiches. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment