Monday, February 04, 2013

Eric's Last Basketball Game

I mentioned in a previous post that I still have to post about Eric's last basketball game of the season, which took place on January 26th. He actually touched the ball in that game. Woohoo! He isn't very aggressive in basketball, and in fact, he seems to just watch all the other kids handle the ball. This time, though, he saw an opportunity when a kid from the other team didn't have control over the ball and Eric was the closest one. He didn't seem to hesitate at all. He grabbed the ball and started dribbling down the court. As you can probably tell from this picture, he doesn't dribble very well, and eventually lost control of the ball himself.

I had not taken a photo of Eric in his basketball uniform, so I took one after his last game was finished. He wears his soccer shirt underneath, as do many of his teammates. The basketball is labeled for the local team, the San Antonio Spurs. I quickly took this photo and he was off running again, eager to get his post-game treat. One of the mom's also brought an extra treat bag for all the kids in honor of their last game. They're at that age where they love those post-game treats. Oh, and they won this game 6-2.

There was a sign-up for track recently, but we decided to skip that sport. We're going to take a little "break" and start back up again when baseball starts.

No comments: