Thursday, February 07, 2013

Ubiquitous


Last night, Patrick took Natalie to swim practice, and that left Eric with me. We picked up Anthony from school at a little after 7pm. He didn't have after school soccer practice, but he stayed after school anyway to work on his Model UN stuff with his partner delegate. Alex had also stayed after school to watch the Girls' Basketball games, so we picked him up after picking up Anthony.
Eric was getting tired, so he did his usual complaining that his back was hot, so Alex tried to distract him with a game looking for the letters of the alphabet on signs and on license plates during the drive home. At first Eric didn't want to participate, but then eventually he did. They got stuck on "Q" so they started saying everything with a "Q" in front of it, like "Queric", "Qualex", and "Qanthony". It was actually Anthony's idea to do this, and it was wonderful to hear the boys all getting along so well, laughing together. We arrived home and suddenly, I heard Eric say "ubiquitous". He was across the room, and I couldn't hear him very well. I thought I must have misheard, so I asked him what he had said. He said "ubiquitous" again. Alex looked bewildered and said "I don't even know what that means." I think (I hope) Alex was half kidding. I posted this to Facebook saying that I didn't even know where Eric might have heard that word. Dawn, one of our neighbors who is active in the PTA, replied that "ubiquitous" was from the "Seven Habits" that they learn , as in be a leader "everywhere all the time." I guess Eric has been paying attention at school!

No comments: