Saturday, February 02, 2013

Shopping With Anthony

Alex wanted to go to the mall again today, to meet up with his friends. Anthony is going to Chicago this coming week for a Model UN Meeting. He'll be gone from Thursday until Sunday. Patrick suggested that he go with me to get some dress shirts and such that he can wear on his trip, so I took Anthony shopping. Never mind that it would have been more convenient if I could have taken them both at the same time.

We went to JCPenney first, and all he got was a tie and a belt. I didn't remember until after we went to Macy's that we had bought his black dress shirt (that Alex liked so much and wore last week) at Macy's instead of JCPenney, or we would have gone to Macy's first. He didn't like the fit of any of the shirts at JCPenney. I don't really like going to Macy's because you never know when their sale is really a sale. They have so many "sales" and they change their regular prices all the time. They had another one of those "sales" today, with an additional 20% discount if you're wearing red. I was, of course, wearing red. Anthony settled on a particular brand of shirt that happened to be on sale for $24 after all the discounts, so he bought three of them. He also bought three more ties, one to match each new shirt. We happened to see the exact shirt that we bought for him last time, so I went ahead and bought Alex one so they didn't have to fight over who would get to wear it. That was on "sale" for $39, which was cheaper than when I bought it for Anthony.

Next, we went to the Gap because Anthony liked some of their T-shirts there that he liked to wear as undershirts. Whenever he wants to go to the Gap, there's never a sale, and there is always a sale at the Gap. I usually have no choice but to go ahead and buy him the stuff he wants because I know that when there's a sale, we won't be able to go for some reason or other. We bought him three T-shirts and dress socks. He should be all set for his trip. I thought Alex was a super shopper. I bought way more stuff for Anthony during this trip. When Alex heard how much stuff we bought, he said, "Whoa, I didn't buy that much when we went shopping. Mama, will you take me shopping again?" Sigh. I'm sure I'll have to take Alex shopping again soon.

No comments: