Happy Easter to all our friends and family!
We went to church this morning at 9am. Even though we got there by around a quarter till 9am, there were no seats left, at least not where we could all sit together. I'm sure the little ones would have rather been able to sit down in a pew instead of on the floor, but for me, I prefer staying together than being comfortable. I told them that we are better able to stand than a lot of other people that came after us, so at least Natalie was satisfied with that.
I took this photo after we got home and before Natalie had a chance to change out of her dress into jeans, sneakers, and a hoodie. Eric and Anthony were fine with what they were wearing. Every time I take one of these photos, I realize that I still need lots of practice. The kids are blurry! Ugh. I'm still happy I got at least one photo of them. I didn't dare ask for more.
I was a lazy mom this year. Usually I buy them little toys and things to put in their Easter baskets, but I was fresh out of ideas. We try to get them more toys than candy, but I also didn't want to buy more junk toys that would be left all over the house. I didn't even buy them any chocolate bunnies. Luckily, our local natural science museum, the Witte Museum, was selling these chocolate eggs filled with little chocolate dinosaurs as part of their current dinosaur exhibit. They were even on sale. Even though Eric is the dinosaur-crazy child, we got one for each of them. Anthony was the first to eat his egg. That's his hand in the picture.
Eric wanted to eat the dinosaur egg, but he said he had to eat lunch first. (Our brainwashing must have been effective.) He did ask to have lunch right away, but we were invited to our friends' house. She has to teach Sunday school until about 12:15, so we're not heading over there until 12:30. They only live around the corner from us, so we'll probably just walk. Meanwhile, Eric was very interested in Anthony's egg and the little dinosaurs inside.
Our dinosaur-crazy boy is turning six soon. Easter is extra special for me because Eric was born the day after Easter six years ago. We are planning a big birthday party for him, although Patrick had to gently explain to him this week why we couldn't have a party on his actual birthday (since it's on a Tuesday). I'm sure I'll post to my blog again before then. Happy Easter everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment