Our first stop on our cruise was Key West. We hadn't booked a shore excursion because it looked like we could just walk to where we wanted. It was a long walk, especially for Eric, but we headed for the beach. Along the way, the big boys decided to go back closer to the boat because they hadn't worn swimsuits and really, Alex just wanted to shop. I had not worn a swimsuit either, but I wanted to go along anyway.
The beach was at a public park. We paid $2.50 per person. Eric ended up being free. The girls were the only ones who had worn their swimsuits. Melissa had actually stopped to shop for a swimsuit for Emily before joining us, because Emily had not brought a swimsuit. We all mainly walked along the beach and climbed on some rocks (see Nick in the background). It was very windy, which made it a bit chilly for the kids when they did get wet. Emily decided not to get in her new swimsuit after all, which allowed Natalie to wear Emily's new rash guard when Natalie's shirt got all wet. We had not brought any towels. The adults were content to just enjoy our time off the boat and to enjoy the nice weather, even if it was a bit too windy.
I had been trying to get a picture of the whole ship, and I had to resort to this panoramic shot with my iPhone. The ship was so big that otherwise I would not have been able to back up enough to get a picture of the whole thing. This was very picturesque port. In back of me as I was taking this picture were a line of shops that were all basically right outside of the ship. Alex bought his sister a shark necklace. I also bought Natalie a new rash guard--red, of course. I had to go to the boys' section to get it since my little girl does not like the typical "girl colors".
Cynthia took this picture with her iPhone. It was a pole with a bunch of cool signs pointing in the different directions of different cities. The girls luckily allowed the picture to be taken. I think Natalie was trying to look serious. I was just happy they were all looking at the camera and not trying to hide their faces.When we got back to the ship, Alex and Anthony were waiting. I had everyone's passport in my purse. Anthony had a picture ID in the form of his driver's license, but Alex did not, so they wouldn't let him back onto the ship. All in all, we had a good time even if we had not planned anything in particular.
No comments:
Post a Comment