Saturday, April 13, 2013

Last 1600 meters

This is what you get when you leave your serving plate over at a good friend's house and they return the plate to you. How cool is that? I brought my plate over to their house filled with my Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars when we were there for Easter. We left the plate and the rest of the goodies so they could enjoy them and today they brought the plate back. Chocolate strawberries are a definite favorite at our house, but I'm going to store away a couple that I can have for breakfast tomorrow. :)

Yesterday, Anthony ran in his last 1600 meter race in high school--really his last high school race period. I was wrong on the previous post. It was the next to last event, the last event being the 1600 meter relay (or 4x400m relay). We don't have the official time, but Anthony said he finished with a time of 5:14, his personal best. Even better--he didn't come in last! Yay! That just seems so fast to me, but the guy that won finished with at time of about 4:30. That's crazy fast!

We were sitting on the first row of bleachers in the stands, so we could see the track very clearly. Patrick and I had to bring Eric with us because Alex was on another sleepover last night and there would be no one to watch him. We left Natalie at home by herself so she could go to bed early for her swim meet today. I figured that Anthony would love to hear Eric's voice cheering for him, so I encouraged Eric to say, "Go Anthony!" every time Anthony passed by us. Since this was the 1600 meter race, there were four laps, and Anthony passed by us four times. Each time, Eric yelled "Go Anthony!" He really seemed to enjoy cheering for his brother. We couldn't tell whether or not Anthony heard us, until I had this text interchange with Anthony when we were on our way home from the meet.

At the end of Anthony's race, Eric told me, "Anthony did pretty good, actually." When I texted this to Anthony, he replied that he had heard Eric during his last lap (he said he had zoned out the rest of the time and didn't hear anyone). I read Anthony's reply to Eric (that Anthony had heard him) and Eric got such a big grin on his face. When I told Anthony this, Anthony replied to tell Eric that "he was as loud as a t-Rex" and Eric's grin got even bigger. It was dark in the car by that time, but I could see a lot of white teeth even in the dark! What a sweet sibling exchange!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow....those berries look great, and WTG Anthony!