"In speaking with other residents, it seems that Dr. Lawinger is fairly enjoyable to work with. She becomes frustrated very easily, though, and is quick to blame residents for situations/outcomes that are often out of control of the residents. She writes highly critical evaluations when she perceives something is wrong with a resident, but she writes very little if a day went well. She does not inspire much confidence from the residents because she gets frustrated and argumentative easily. Many residents voice that they do not look forward to working with her."
I was very upset when I read this. I showed it to another faculty member and he said, "That doesn't even sound like you." Today I showed it to several more faculty who assured me that this was incorrect. I pleaded with them to tell me that if there was some truth to this comment that they tell me, because I would be compelled to change something. The person described in this comment was not the person I wanted to be. What did I do that made this person so mad at me? The last line also bothered me, because they supposedly got the same feedback from other residents, although the other comments I received did not support that. Several others that I showed this to today, including former residents that are now also faculty, told me that they didn't think this was true also. I'm slowly feeling better about this, but I was pretty distraught yesterday.
Yesterday evening, I took Alex and Eric to Baskin-Robbins (Eric's request). I told Alex about this evaluation and he said the sweetest thing. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Whatever. That's just one person. You're awesome, Mama." Awww, what a sweetie! I felt so much better after that!
Today, I had to work late. I didn't leave work until after 6pm. I went straight to Heroes Stadium where Alex was running in a track meet. I missed his first two races, the 4x100 relay (they placed 6th), and the 4x200 relay (they placed 3rd). I was able to watch the 4x400 relay, the very last event where they placed fourth. After the race, I was following Alex so I could ask him if he wanted me to pick up something for him to eat before meeting his bus at the school, or if he wanted to eat at home. He said he had to run to the bathroom and he had a pounding headache. Finally he told me he wanted to eat at home, and because I know he doesn't like for us to hang around him too much, I started to turn to walk out of the stadium to my car. He came up behind me and gave me a quick hug. That was enough to totally make my day!
On the way out of the stadium, I got a call from Patrick. Eric was going to bed and wanted me to sing his bedtime songs to him over the phone. I waited until I was in my car to call back so I could sing to him. We did our little routine where I would start singing a line from the requested songs, (ABC Song, Row Your Boat, Twinkle Little Star, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town), and he would either finish the phrase or substitute a different word. He loves inserting "dinosaur" instead of "star" in the song "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star). He seemed to enjoy it and Patrick told me that I made his night. I loved that too!
I explained to Alex tonight about how he made me so happy when he told me that yesterday and when he gave me a hug this evening. He thanked me for going to his meet and told me again that I was awesome. I told him that I enjoyed little things like that. It's those little sweet things that make me happy.
1 comment:
It seems to me that this person's evaluation is contradictory. The first sentence and the last sentence are polar opposites. Shrug it off. You're awesome. :-)
Post a Comment