Saturday, June 18, 2016

Father and Son Jiu-Jitsu Tournament

Lots of events going on today! Our morning started out with a swim meet at our home pool. I'll have to do a separate blog post about that later when we get the meet results. As soon as Eric got out of the pool from his 25 meter Freestyle race, we rushed off to my car so I could take him to the Jiu-Jitsu Tournament at his school. Patrick was left behind as a stroke judge for the swim meet. He came later, after Eric had already finished.

This first picture is of Eric receiving his gold medal from his Jiu-Jitsu instructor, and the owner of the Jiu-Jitsu school Eric and Patrick go to. The kids are lined up in the order that they placed, with Eric getting a gold medal/first place. He went up against the boy to his left, who got the silver medal, and the small boy on the far right. Every kid had at least two matches.

Notice how small the boy on the far right is? Natalie thought he was adorable. Eric got a submission within a minute of grappling with that adorable boy. He went the whole four minutes with the boy who got the silver medal.

Eric was very proud of himself, and I posted a photo like this one on Facebook. Natalie and Alex got up early so they could go to the gym and be done in time to watch Eric. They actually got there before Eric and I did, since we were running so late coming from the swim meet. They left shortly before Patrick arrived.

Fun fact--Eric got his Jiu-Jitsu uniform in order before the swim meet this morning, but he forgot to bring underwear. He had the option to wear his wet swimsuit under his gi, but opted against it. Patrick brought some things like water for Eric, but by the time he arrived, Eric's matches were over. He was at least able to see Eric get his gold medal.

I had to take this picture because Patrick and Eric were concentrating on the matches in front of them, with both of them in their uniforms. It's a nice Father-Son moment.

Patrick only had one match, which was fine with him. He went against the guy on the far left, and he was exhausted after the one match. He still enjoyed the experience of competing, but man I was sweating it out watching him struggling during the match. Eric watched for a bit then started playing with the owner's 11-month-old son.

This is my favorite picture from the whole tournament, my boys with their medals. I love these two!!

No comments: