Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Makeover

This is my thirteen year old baby girl. As she likes to put it, she is my favorite daughter! She has been asking for a lesson on how to put on makeup. She doesn't plan on using makeup all the time, but I noticed that she has been playing around with it--a little foundation to even out her skin tones, a little blush, and some lip gloss. I wanted her to learn how to do it right, and she had heard about such lessons at Sephora. We have a little more freedom with scheduling in the summer, so we made her an appointment for today.

The lady that helped us (Nicole) was very helpful, showing her what types of products to use and why, and showed her simple things to do for every day, and what to do to if she wanted to get more elaborate. Nicole also started with showing Natalie with how to clean her face every day, and how important that is, which is something I've tried to get her to do, but she has been spotty about that--after all, I am only her mother.

The makeover is free with $50 purchase, but of course we spent "a little more" than that, almost $500 actually. I told Natalie that this was her birthday present, very generous but I have no regrets.

This is the "before" picture for reference. I'm a little biased, but I think she is beautiful with or without makeup. I am also constantly impressed that she basically rolls out of bed looking like this. Her hair, despite her complaints about how frizzy it can get, is gorgeous even when she doesn't do anything to it. She has gotten lucky so far in the acne department, but good skin care will go a long way to keeping it that way.

Now, if she would only believe it when I say that she is gorgeous instead of telling me I'm biased just because I'm her mother...

No comments: